Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday Things


This week has been a vast improvement from its predecessors. Maybe it is that we received our first snow storm today. Maybe it is because today is my Friday. Maybe it is because I had a much needed chat on Monday. Or maybe it is because I was bequeathed an Ambien the other day and I slept like a tranquilized tiger for a night. Regardless of the reason, it was a welcomed relief. Enjoy this week’s Thursday things, people. Enjoy.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
The link is this year’s similar version, but I bought mine last year as a Christmas gift to myself. Partly because it is a purple coat,  but also because I had slipped on ice in the parking lot of my office on Christmas Eve and ate it pretty hard, tearing a hole in the elbow of my other long coat and in my pants, because I’m a lady. For some reason, walking around in the snow in my long coat with my purse on my arm makes me feel fancy, like I live in New York and work at a fashion magazine and meet up with my gal pals for boy talk after work. I don’t live in New York, and my job isn’t very glamorous and I usually just hit the gym after work and probably watch too much “Sex and the City”. Anywho, I love this coat because it is warm, because it is cute, and because it is purple. Enough said.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I’ve talked about Happy Endings before because it is the best thing in my life, but it returned this week and did not disappoint. “You’re trying to ‘Misery’ me!”… Seriously though, watch this show. It makes me laugh so hard and it could not have come back soon enough. When I first wrote about Happy Endings, it was threatening cancellation. Thankfully, it returned for season three because someone cares about my wellbeing. I don’t know who I can thank, but I will do whatever it takes to show my appreciation! Anything…but I won’t do that.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
It smells like cotton candy you guys! Or if you're my aunt, it smells like I am trying to cover up a smoking habit with cotton candy. For the record, I wasn't and I'm not and she is the only complaint I've ever heard. I love this smell! I have tried so many others over the years, but I keep going back to this because I LOVE THE SMELL OF COTTON CANDY!!! 

I am not a huge fan of The Killers by any means. In fact, its kind of the opposite. I bought their first album in College because it was all people were talking about and I became enraged. Every single song sounded exactly the same and I was outraged that this was what the music industry raved about. I still think their music is fairly meh, but my rage has calmed to a point where I can tolerate and download a few songs onto my iPhone.  For some reason I can't stop listening to this song. For some odd reason it makes me swoon. I feel like it is so sweet and I think we all just want someone to tell us they wouldn't let us go. Or maybe just me? I don't know, but I love it a lot. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I tan pretty well. It is in me. But my love of pool time in the summer often gets outweighed by errands and baby showers and brunches and things that require me to shower and not lay at the pool all day. Rude. So no tan in the summer means I head into albino season, already really white and then it just gets progressively worse from there. Tanning beds are bad and make you look old, so I try to steer clear of those. Solution? Spray tans! They work pretty well if you go about the process the right way (exfoliating, waiting to shower, etc.). Plus, it is fast and not terrible for you! The downside is that you smell terrible after. As I write this, I am lounging in my spray tan glory, smelling like a locker room. It will all be worth it when I am the hottest gal at my friend's wedding this weekend! 

Its the freakin' weeken' baby, I'm about to have me some fun. (In other words, I just took the other half of the Ambien I was given so I am about to sleep so well)





No comments: