Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday Things


Thursdee again. Yup. 

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I was completely obsessed with last season. So obsessed.  It was all I wanted to talk about with anyone for a solid 6 months, which was hard since there was a pretty small pool of my friends who watched it. I don’t have the cable so I download them on my apple TV from the itunes. Last year I set it up to download them automatically, so Thursdays were good days because I knew I would get to go home to a newly downloaded American Horror Story. For the record, I called the Violet thing weeks before anyone else.  I am looking forward to that feeling again as season 2 started last night! And with Adam Levine in it!! Doing sexy things!! Bless his insanely hot, tattooed, severe issues with women, heart.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I have been trying extra hard lately to pull myself together outfit-wise. Partly because the cold weather often makes me choose comfort over fashion and I end up looking like a homeless lady who never showers, but also I have this funk going on and I have it in my head that as long as I look good people won’t know…except that I openly talk about my funk. Whatever, shut up! The outfit above is not part of that effort, obviously. Not one bit. But my, oh my is it comfortable! Grey leggings, my favorite Invisible Children T, and a nice hoodie. I’ve worn this exact thing twice in the past 2 weeks; once to the movies because I’m a lady, and again to Sara’s house to watch Walking Dead, which was a little more appropriate. I’m going to keep up my effort to dress [mostly] well, but don’t be alarmed if you catch me at Target wearing this outfit on a Friday night. I am probably just wasting time until my Indian takeout is ready.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
They are called pupusas and if you have never had them, get them. Now. They are a corn flour tortilla-like base, filled with things. I prefer bean and cheese. You can find them at a few dingy dives where underage children or ladies who yell at you but then affectionately call you, “mija” in the next breath, work. There is a place by my apartment that recently opened that serves them, except sometimes the underage kid tells you they don’t. I like that there is a place nearby because now I don’t have to drive to the industrial part of town with my pepper spray and wonder if my car is going to be stripped after I get yelled at and called “mija”. It was worth the risk though.

An oldie but a goodie. I love SoCo and Jack's Mannequin and anything Andrew McMahon does in the future, as he recently announced the end of Jack's Mannequin. This song has a very special place in my heart and anything I say won't explain my love for it, so just enjoy. 

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Multiple people have told me that my hair is my best feature. I’ve always had good hair, not to be confused with good haircuts because I have had some terrible ones of those. See:
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
But despite some terrible hairstyles, years of dying and tons of DC, I have pretty healthy hair. I have always tried to treat my hair to nice shampoos and conditioners, but I started to cheap out a few years back. When I was working in Park City money was tight to say the least, so my shampoo and conditioner got cheaper and cheaper and my hair started to show it. It started tangling a lot easier than it ever had before, and then one time it did this:
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Don’t ask. That mess took a shower and 20 minutes of pick time to brush out, so I decided to stop being cheap and start buying shampoo that was going to help my hair instead of letting it do that. This stuff is spendy, but it is liquid gold!! I have never used anything better in my life and since my hair is my best feature, I continue to cry every few months as I shell out a few hours’ worth of work for stuff that I rub on my head and then wash out. Sigh. So worth it. 

No comments: