Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday Things


It is 11:57pm so I have made my Thursday Things goal once again. So suck on that. 

 Photobucket
I started listening to Uhh Yeah Dude back in 2007 and will never look back. I have a weird crush on Jonathan, which is sort of gross (he’s the large, bearded, hippie dude above), but I’m into him and I like his voice. It soothes me. These jokers make me laugh out loud in inappropriate places, but I feel that I should warn you that it is not safe for work or areas where small children or naive adults may lurk. I look forward to their ramblings each week and suggest you also holler at my boys if you like off colored humor and can tolerate a plethora of f-bombs. 

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I think I will just keep my feelings towards the ginger species to myself and let you watch this video to see for yourself why I laughed so uncontrollably in my kitchen while making snickers fudge and watching “The New Normal” on my iPad. Ginger jokes aside, this show is great! It is clever and funny and you guys should watch it online since KSL won’t play it in Utah.


 Photobucket
It is my fave. It makes me feel happy when I am sad…or just when I crave Indian food, which is far more often than is normal, by the way. My personal favorite is  the Paneer Chili and I allow myself to eat carbs with it because Indian food without naan is like Game of Thrones without dragons. There are two locations, although I frequent the Highland Drive one to the point that they recognize me now. It’s cool, they give me a lot of coupons and free stuff.

Photobucket 
I’ve been working out a lot lately because with everything happening, I needed an outlet outside of shopping. I have some pretty cool issues with anxiety and working out really helps me keep myself in check. I’ve been averaging 2 hours a night the last few weeks because not only do I feel better after the workout, but I use my time for something more productive than stressing myself out. I have been drinking this right before I get to the gym and it gives me the boost to run or bike for 2 hours straight without getting bored or tired. I am told that it has an odd effect on some, but for me it is perfy! I workout super hard for a long time and then I go home and take 2 melatonin, eat some dinner, shower and sleep the night away.

 Photobucket
They were part of my stress shopping and I could not be more pleased. They are big, which I like, and they are sparkly, which I like, they make me feel fancy, which I like, and they don’t make my ears weird, which I love. If you didn’t know this about me, I have gauged ears. I did it when I was 21ish and got up to a 2, which is roughly the size of the tip of a pinky. Now I can only fit about an 8 in these ear holes of mine, but the fact it they will never be normal. I was told they shrink back if you stay in a certain range. Well, youth of today – the guy at the piercing studio lies to you. They don’t shrink all the way back. I would say that I should have listened to my Mom, but everyone knew I could never be told what to do so no one even tried to stop me. Now I have to be very cautious of the kinds of earrings I buy; They can’t be too heavy or they will stretch the hole and make it hurt. They can’t be too small because they will pull through or go in too deep and get the hole all infected. These are good ones and young Kirsten was a stupid idiot.

(Note: I also have a tattoo on my foot from the same age range, because no one ever sees your foot…except that I will never be able to wear heels with skirts or cropped pants at any job ever, and the tattoo is artwork from an album from my then-favorite band, because that is cool to tell people when you’re 27 and that band has a weird reputation. What an idiot.)

No comments: