Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Things

Two weeks in a row. Someone call the consistent police because this bitch is...um....consistent. Look, its been a rough couple of weeks so I am not feeling as clever and witty as usual. Let's just stop making this awkward between us and move on to the things I like this week.

This Piece of Work 
Photobucket
I bought this on etsy this past week. It was part of my mental meltdown/desperate attempt to fill the holes in my life with pretty things. I am not really a fan of traditional temple pictures with the tulips and the blue sky, but I loved this sort of modern interpretation of the standard picture. Now to find a frame...

This Song

I have always been a fan of the original version of this song. It is easily the most heart wrenching lyrics I've ever heard. It makes me feel like someone pulled my heart out, threw it on the ground and walked away while I was still professing my feelings to them...but I still like it because I am a masochist when I am depressed. Now take those debilitating lyrics and add in the haunting vocal stylings of Justin Vernon. Now they don't walk away, but they take a photo of your pain and then laugh and post it on instagram. Ouch.

This Film
Photobucket
This movie is honestly one of my favorites. It inspires me. Yes, it is centered around Arthur Kane's faith in the LDS church, but it really is so much more than that. You see this man who has been ravaged by drugs, alcohol and failed dreams, who found peace and hope in something he believes in and that something sustains him through his now bleak life. Through the course of the film you see his faith and what comes of it. Regardless of your religious preference and affiliation, if you believe in a higher power it is nice to witness a higher power give this man something that he had wanted so bad, at the perfect time.

These Boots
Photobucket
They haven't come to me just yet, but they have also been a part of my desperate attempt to fill the holes in my life with pretty things. They should be arriving Monday, but I am sending good vibes into the Universe and guess what, the Universe effing owes me after the bullshit it has put me through these last few weeks!

Update: I JUST TRACKED THE PACKAGE AND IT IS IN SALT LAKE!!! Tender mercies, you guys. Tender mercies.

This Concealer
Photobucket
I haven't been sleeping well lately at all. I am not getting even close to enough sleep. Also, my genetics were apparently at one point crossed with a raccoon because my mom's side of the family all have dark circles under our eyes. This is the first concealer I have found that can hide the marks of a long night spent awake. I slept maybe 17 hours all last weekend and still managed to look semi-presentable at my lunch meeting on Monday. I consider that a success.

Now lets all join hands and pray that I pull out of this funk and stop buying everything that tickles my fancy.









No comments: