Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Things


See, I missed a week already. I suck. Get over it. 

This Collage I made
 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
There is no greater children’s book than “Where the Wild Things Are”. Period. I saw the movie opening night and loved in despite what all the haterz say. I’ve wanted some sort of wall art to represent my love of this book but I could never quite find what I wanted. It obviously needed to involved “let the wild rumpus start” because no better words have ever been written, but everything on etsy was too spendy for what it was. Then I got this bright idea to tear apart my copy of the book and make a collage of sort. I am pleased with the outcome and it currently hangs above my bed.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I have man hands. Okay, maybe not man hands, but definitely not dainty lady hands. I make up for my chubby phalanges by painting my finger nails always. The trouble is that I can’t stand chipping. The first time I got gel nails I was so pleased that my chipping problem was solved, but then I had the problem of paying upwards of $30 every 2 weeks to have them redone. The solution: Sensationail. I did my research and found this baby. It was a bit of an investment upfront ($50 for the starter kit and $10-$20 for additional supplies), but I loves it. I do my nails once every 1.5-2 weeks and then don’t worry about it in between. It isn’t quite as long lasting as professional salon gel nails, but it is also a fraction of the cost so I’ll stick with it.

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Finally, it is cool enough outside that wearing a scarf doesn’t seem pretentious.  Yes, hipsters, wearing a scarf when it is 103 degrees outside is pretentious. So is instagramming everything you eat, so stop it! Infiniti scarves. They are hands down the best kind. You don’t have to fuss with them in the morning to try and figure out a way to tie it so you don’t look like an ass hole. You just put it around your head, around again and voila! Your t-shirt suddenly looks work appropriate.  I’ve spent a few bucks and built up my collection for this fall. Cheers to brisk mornings!

 Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Lush is making it to the list again! After the love affair I started having with my lush face mask, I decided to bump up my face washing routine as well. My dear friend Amber has been using this and had positive things to say, so I picked it above the other weird looking things to get the caked on makeup off of my face. I like it. A lot. A very small amount goes a very long way and I am officially down to 1 zit on this face of mine! (knock on wood)

That’s all for this week. I’m having an off week and I don’t much feel like telling you guys anything else I like. Sorry about that. You can blame men. They are almost always the root of the problem.

No comments: