Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday Things

Thursdays Things

I am taking a note from my favorite MTV alum, LC and posting a weekly list of my favorite things. So as to not totally copy my imaginary bestie, mine will be called “Thursday Things”. Same concept—I will share a few items I am currently obsessed with and tell you why. I am going to try to keep up this weekly post, but let’s be honest about how inconsistent I am at life in general, so I am going into this with a realistic promise by saying that it will more than likely not be weekly, although I will try:


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 
This stuff is amazing…ly weird. I love it, I really do, but I know it is not a taste most people enjoy. I don’t really know why I do. It is vinegary and tangy and fermenty all wrapped into one $4 bottle that has little floaties at the bottom. Also, it takes me like 20 minutes to open it because it is so fermented that it will spray floaties all up in your face if you open it too abruptly. Sounds terrible, right? Well, I think most people would agree that it is but I loves it.


 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I haven’t posted about this yet, but if you have caught me in the kitchen at work then I have likely told you all about how I eat Paleo now. I loves it too, but it limits my treat intake quite a lot. No more Fastbreaks for this lady. My new favorite treat is to take a banana and break it up and eat it with some of these little packets. I usually only eat half a packet and just rub my banana all in the almond butter, getting it good and gooey. Surprisingly, this combo tends to cure those Reese’s cravings.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos 
This stuff is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiii…I have acne. Forget that I had porcelain skin all through my teens and early 20’s. I hit age 24 and started breaking out like I was a friggin’ 16 year old who worked at KFC and didn’t wash her face after. Cool of my hormones to save the acne for the years when I was actually trying to attract a man for more than just a prom date. Stupid idiot skin. Well this Lush facemask was designed for acne-riddled teens, so it’s perfect for me! In 1 week of using it (probably more than you need to, but I slept in makeup the other night. You don’t need to know why.) my skin already looks better. Three cheers for anything that will trick a man into thinking I’m hot!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
 If you’re like me then you read this by force in some High School English class and didn’t like it because you hated everything you were forced to read. Well, I highly suggest you revisit this novel as an adult. It is so good! I feel like it is relatable for anyone who had a childhood, regardless of the decade. It makes me reminiscent of Summer nights with my brother, playing Pocahontas or Star Wars in our backyard until 10pm or daring each other to walk on the sidewalk in front of Dolly’s house. That beezy was scary! But read it. Really do.


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I bought them. I love them. They are my new babies. A good friend of mine is getting married in a little over a month and I’ve had this whole outfit planned in my mind’s eye. It involves blue shoes so when I saw these during a Nordy’s trip last weekend, I knew they had to come home with me to join my other babies. Do I have an unhealthy relationship with my shoes? Yes. Is my relationship with my sunnies even more unhealthy? Yes. Judge away! But my sunnies and shoes will never end up in therapy because of the emotional damage I inflict upon them.

Happy Thursday, lovers!

No comments: