Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Endings

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Have you guys been watching the new show Happy Endings? No? Oh, that’s right…I am one of like 4 people who love that show. But I do love it and I want you all to go check it out and love it too so that it doesn’t get taken away from me! It’s all I have! Please!?!
 
Moving on… Basically, Happy Endings is a newer version of Friends. It’s great because I am now old enough to relate to and appreciate the situations the characters get in to, unlike when I was 14 and watching Friends (no disrespect intended). So I was watching Happy Endings the other day when my 16 year old brother walked in and it turns out that he is also 1 of the 4 people that loves it. We began a discussion of its hilarity and our favorite characters and I told him that I was concerned that I am Penny, the funny yet neurotic one. I was hoping he would disagree, but he quickly changed the subject. They learn young how to get out of a lady-trap. This all brings me to today. Happy Endings is on tonight (YAY!) so I was thinking about that conversation and his lack of answer. Behold the conversation I had with my brother via text:
 
Me: I’m Penny, aren’t I?
Austin: Yes
 
Just like that! No cushion to the blow, no “but she’s the funniest” or anything; just a resounding confirmation that I am indeed the neurotic one. Allow me to give you Wikipedia’s character description of Penny Hartz:
“The group’s desperate and single friend who constantly worries that she’ll never find the right guy”
 
Umm, yeah. My brother said that about me. I’m not desperate, right? What’s that? My begging you to watch this show so that it’s not taken away from me because it’s all I have, came off as desperate? Well this is awkward then.
 
 
Let’s just move on to my gratitude list for today and ignore my desperation and obsession over finding the right man:
 
The show Happy Endings (obvs)
My new salad holder
Goosey (aka my brother Austin)
The awful waitress I had last night who provided me with weeks of jokes
Pretzels
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: