Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Once upon a time I had this Great Grandma that lived in this quaint house on 9th east. She had coloring books under her sofa and fig newtons in her fridge. She also performed Indian rain dances upon occasion. When I was 5ish, the alzheimers got the best of her so we moved her to a home in Canada. She lived up there for another 8ish years and sang dirty limericks up until her death. It was awesome…the limericks, not her death. That was sad. But she also started me on my salt and pepper shaker collection.
 
The current members of the family:
 
 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

When she moved from the quaint house on 9th east, she bestowed upon me some ceramic salt and pepper shakers. There were several sets, but the one I remember is a kangaroo and her baby. Kangaroos were and still are my favorite animal so I loved those ones! Obviously a 5 year old is not to be trusted with ceramic things, so who knows what became of them. The problem is, I want the kanga and roo salt and pepper shakers. Bad. If there was a salt and pepper shaker stalker, it would be me. I spend a lot of time online looking for a match. I have found many similar ones, but they do not match the image engraved in my mind’s eye. I once found the exact set, but they were all chipped and kanga was missing an ear. Another time I found a perfect match on etsy and said I’d be back later to buy it. I was too late.
 
Please, help me find these salt and pepper shakers. They are the founding members of my collection and they belong with their family. Your help is appreciated.
 
 
 
On a side note: My friend Ryan told me that my salt and pepper shaker collection might be scaring men off. My other friend Ryan told me my collection "made him sad for me". I am guessing this blog post isn’t going to help either.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Jane Bauman said...

Whatever! Guys should love it. Your collection is so cute! Way cuter than mine. I will keep my eyes open for the kangaroos :) It was so fun to see you last week!

Stephanie said...

Your set is adorable! I'll be keeping an eye out here in sweet antique shops & garage sales.

Good Luck :)