Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Friday, November 7, 2008

A little black magic.

Holy crap people...HO.LEE.CRAP!!!!! The Utes pulled out another win in the last 2 minutes of the game! I kind of feel like B.J. doesn't like to play unless he feels as though he has given at least half the stadium aneurysms. Why everyone sings his praises is completely beyond me. My feelings towards him are not those of love, but I will hold my tongue since he did pull it out again last night. I just wish he would play well for one whole game. Then I would be happy.

This game was not quite as epic as the Oregon state game; there was no running the clock down to the final second, but there was plenty of fear and doubt right up until the last 2 minutes of the game. Our defense played a well and did all they could to prevent TCU from scoring again but the offense was just struggling to do much of anything for a majority of the game. It was another time when most fans had given up. In the back of my mind I held out hope that we could pull another Oregon state game out, but we just hadn’t been doing so hot this game so I pushed the thought away. Then, in the final 5 minutes of the game TCU missed a field goal and we were given another chance, which we blew. Then it happened again!! TCU missed ANOTHER field goal. 2 missed field goals in a row! Do you know what that was? It was God’s hand coming into the game for a little assistance (right Austin Collie?). We somehow managed to not screw up on our second blessing from above and scored a touchdown. The game ended with a score of 13-10 in our favor and the horned frogs went home to Texas.

Now, and open letter to my most hated one:

Dear Austin Collie,
I hate you. I hope that as you witnessed the Utes emerge the victor in last night’s game that you cried and felt sorrow knowing that we did what you couldn’t. I don’t care if it was only a single solitary tear trickling down your cheek. I just hope that you cried. To be totally honest I would not have such a hatred for you if you were not such a giant D-bag. I mean you can’t go around saying stuff like, “Obviously, if you do what's right on and off the field, I think the Lord steps in and plays a part in it. Magic happens”. Really Austin Collie? Really? Well I hope you bring that “magic” with you when you venture up North because you will need it to wipe away your tears when we beat you. See you in 2 weeks!

Love,
Kirsten Dorius
Devoted University of Utah fan since 1985

No comments: