Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Should old acquaintance be forgot.

Oh, Snap! Another year is about to draw to and end, and I have been reflecting upon what happened in this loverly year and what I have accomplished and learned. 8 is my favorite number, so I was kind of hoping ’08 would be “my year”…it was a’ight, but I wouldn’t necessarily consider it my year. Maybe 2009? Anywhos, here is a month by month breakdown of my year, not to be confused with my year.

January- kicked off the new year by joining weight watchers. Bought a condo, painted and moved into it. Started my final semester of college.

February- Continued starvation on weight watchers. Had a wonderful Valentines date with Alice. Was left on the side of a mountain to die.

March- Remained hungry. Turned the big 2-3. Had a breakdown after a stranger showed up on my doorstep at 2 AM and scared the daylights out of me. Swore off men.

April- Yep, still depriving myself of food. Studied myself into a stupor in preparation for my math 1050 final. Lit someone’s microwave on fire. Received the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever given me.

May- 20 lbs lighter, but missing food. Walked down the big isle (Not wedding, graduation!). Started turning into an expert slacker. Had a really great Memorial day weekend.

June- Started eating normal people food again. Watched Wicket. Missed my hetero life partner. Walked to the Farmer’s market, was asked if I needed a ride 3 times and was called a hippie for doing so. Felt totally happy and content. Continued slacking. Nearly froze to death on a camping trip. Went to Vegas with the girls.

July- Slacking remained as did normal eating patterns. Spent all my free time by a pool. Bid farewell to Lacee. Had the lamest 4th of July of my life. Was pushed to my absolute end.

August- Stopped slacking. Learned A LOT about myself. Made many life changes. Swore off men again. Played lots of poker. Spent a fantastic weekend in San Fran with my lovelies. Got to see Bob Dylan live/danced like a hippie in the pouring rain to “like a rolling stone”.

September- Kept on with the life changes. Met tons of really amazing people/made lots of new friends. Got back in the swing of things.

October- Saw the scariest movie I have ever seen. Had lots of fun times. Carved some sweet pumpkins. Voted early. Dressed as a plyg. Celbrated one of the best Halloweens of all time.

November- Did lots of reading. Saw Barack become Pres. Had a monumentally lazy weekend after Thanksgiving. Had the most terrible cold of'08. Watched the Utes beat BYU.

December- Reveled in the snow. Did lots of shopping (for others and myself). Scheduled of a trip to New Orleans to see the Utes in the Sugar Bowl. Had a rather disappointing Christmas. Reflected upon the past year and really hoped for a really great one to come.

No comments: