Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My heart's lost in New Orleans.

new orleans Pictures, Images and Photos
My trip to the big easy is just 2 weeks away and I am more excited than a Mormon groom on his wedding night! I have been compiling a list of things I am stoked for/things I plan to do on this trip. I will be there for 5 days so I will have plenty of time to complete my list. In no order of importance, I now list the things I am looking forward to while I am soaking up the rich culture of one of our Nation’s oldest cities:

• Watching the Utes play in the Sugar Bowl (that’s a gimmie)
• 6 glorious work-free days.
• Spending some Q.T. with the aunt lady and the uncle man.
• Making a daily trip to CafĂ© Du monde for beignets.
• Wearing my Alex Smith jersey like a champ.
• Being able to say I once spent New Years Eve on Bourbon Street, even if it is only a walk down (I have been there and done that on a random Thursday night and it was nuts! I am not sure it will be all that fun on New Years Eve).
• Feasting my eyes upon some beautiful architecture.
• Allowing my ears to absorb some sick Jazz.
• Savoring some gumbo and lots deep fried things.
• Wearing light weight clothes in January (weather permitting).
• Convincing Michael to hook up with the nastiest chick I can find(inebriation permitting).
• Having strangers tell me to “Have a blessed day”.
• Hopefully hearing at least one resounding “Thank you Jesus!” (I am really crossing my fingers on that one).

I can hardly wait! I can practically smell the city as I sit here, and trust me- it has a smell.

No comments: