Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thursday Things

Today is Thanksgiving, or as I like to call it: the day that tension rises in family settings until someone (me) ends up crying in a bathroom at their (my) Grandma's house. The good new is that nothing made me cry today, and that is great news because it means I am not too emotionally scarred to type up a Thursday things!


This Video
Because I was running out of reasons to hide in my Grandma’s bathroom to cry on Thanksgiving. So many things upset me about this video, like why is there an adult male at their pre-pubescent Thanksgiving and why does he pop up like a pedophile when they sing about the other holidays? I feel like Chris Hanson needs to intervene here. Also, why couldn’t they get a 2012 calendar for that shot where she’s counting down the days? Because Thanksgiving is not on the 28th this year and the historical inaccuracy is unacceptable. And Where are this girl’s parents? That question is in reference to both during the video and in real life because no parent should allow their little girl to do what that little girl did here, especially when she sings into the drum stick. My parents would have been SO pissed if I did that at the Thanksgiving dinner table. But in the spirit of gratitude on this Thanksgiving day, I am truly grateful that this nice young lady explained to me the appropriate months in which to celebrate Christmas, New Years, Easter and the trickiest of all to remember: The 4th of July.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
One time in 2006 I went to buy the laptop that I am currently typing on. It is a first generation MacBook which was very exciting for all of us Mac users, so when I got to the Apple store there were none in stock. Because I was ready to make a large purchase and was unable to get this little guy, I ended up buying the complete Sex and the City DVD set. Makes sense to spend $300 on DVD's because you couldn't buy a computer, right? Well it all worked out in the end because I still have the ol' first generation MacBook and I have also watched Sex and the City about 6 times from beginning to end. I just finished re-watching the series again last night and I am always reminded of how great the show is. If you would like to borrow them, TOO BAD! I only loan them out to very, very close friends, and only if they promise to give me their first born if the set is lost or damaged. 

My MacBook 
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
As I mentioned above, I bought the MacBook right when they came out in 2006. This baby has been with me for over 6 years. We have been together through college classes, coffee shop writing sessions, 5 different houses/bedrooms, and so much music downloading. I love this computer and will forever hold a place in my heart for it. It made the list today because I am on the verge of getting a new MacBook pro, and I am starting to feel all sentimental about this one. I feel like I am breaking up with a boyfriend; a boyfriend I have taped University of Utah stickers and fortunes to. Thanks for the good times, MacBook. I hope my brother loves you as much as I did when he takes you up to Utah State. Just don't let him put an Aggies sticker over your Utah one. 

Thats all I can think of right now. I am in a weird turkey cloud. Tryptophan and stuff or whatever. 


No comments: