Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday Things

Good news everyone! We all officially made it through Christmas! I had some apprehension about Christmas this year because life has been pretty weird lately, what with the sad stuff and the existential crises. Luckily, I had a very lovely Christmas eve complete with lovely pajamas, a nativity scene played out with some adorable little ones (and some adorable adults as well), and a lovely Christmas story. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my Christmas Eve. Christmas day involved some excitement and even gifts not all purchased by me! I have decided to use my loot as this week’s Thursday things. Happy Christmas being over, every one!

These Mustache Items
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Remember when I said my brothers were the worst and never got me anything? Well one of my brothers proved me wrong this year! He got me these cookie cutters as well as the straw clips. I can’t wait to be invited to an ironic hipster bar mitzvah, a la Penny on “Happy Endings” so that I can make these ironic mustache cookies and sip with my ironic mustache straw clips.

These Gift Cards
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Nordy’s and Target are my two of my most favorite places on earth. I will take a day at Nordy’s or Target over Disneyland any day! Having money to spend at these joyous places brings me so much holiday cheer! I cannot wait for this weekend so that I can go crazy and buy some of what my heart desires at these stores!

This DVD
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I have already mentioned my love of this movie. Santa leaves us a DVD in our stocking each Christmas morning. The jig was up this year for the first time in my life, but we still got stockings which means I still got this DVD. Very much looking forward to viewing this for years to come.

This Box
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Bergendi made me a Berch Box filled with my favorite things. Fun band aids because my mom refused to buy them for me, the best pens ever, gel nail polish, my favorite tea and a USB because unlike most urban professionals, I have never owned one. I feel like I should burst into that song from the sound of music right now, but I will refrain.

These Shoes
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
I already posted about them. They are cute, but they are nothing compared to the pinnacle of my Christmas…

These Wish Fulfillers
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
My existential crisis may have played into my decision to get these, but that is irrelevant. If you know me then you know that I spend a good amount of time lusting after Tory Burch flats. I have done so for the past two years or more. I have said I would buy them at least 50 times and chickened out last minute because they cost way more than any shoe I’ve ever owned. I could just never rationalize the cost because as much as I joke around about being frivolous, I buy everything on sale and I am weirdly cheap about so many things. Then I had this moment last week when I realized that 2012 was just really not my year. 2011 wasn’t really all that great either. What I am saying is it has been a rough couple of years filled with disappointment and unexpected stress, so I vowed to start 2013 off on the right foot. What better way to metaphorically start out on the right foot than with the Tory Burch Reva flat that I spent 2010-2012 dreaming of? I had all sorts of anxiety about this. Was this really all I wanted for Christmas? Were they really worth it? The answer to both of those questions is an unwavering: YES!!! The moment they were put in my possession I felt excitement to wear them. I spent Friday- Tuesday thinking about opening them Christmas morning. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have not felt that much excitement for anything in I don’t even know how long. I also haven’t had a happier Christmas morning since ’95 when I got the dollhouse I had been desiring for 9 months. Call me shallow, but I felt pure joy putting them on my feet. It was a small price to pay for self-confidence, Michael!

No comments: