Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Things


First things first: My cousin was found safe. Yay!

Now onto why I haven’t posted in several weeks; Well, it seems I am having some sort of existential crisis and posting about things I like seemed so silly compared to the things I have been thinking about.  So why am I having an existential crisis? Because things happened to make me sort of examine this girl and her life. I don’t disclose other people’s bidness on here because it isn’t my bidness to share, so for the sake of privacy I will keep it vague. A very, very good friend of mine went through something awful and I have spent the past few weeks trying to wrap my head around when life got to be so…so….lifey. It shook me to the core and I had this intense moment where I felt like everything I had ever wanted as a child was flashing in front of me. I suddenly found myself asking so many questions about my life: what I am doing with it, where I want it to go, and who do I want to be in it? Heavy stuff, man. My existential crisis sounds way more upsetting than it actually is. It is actually a healthy and positive process that I am working through and probably something that needed to happen, I just wish it wasn’t brought on by real sad stuff. So while I figure out the foundation of my entire being, I will post a half-assed list of things this week:

These Treats
 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
They are special edition and I am going to curb someone if they don’t make them a year-round thing. I bought my first about a week and a half ago and have consumed 5 bags since. Don’t judge me. My chocolate covered craisins are definitely better than your _________ (fill in the blank with whatever holiday treat you prefer). So lay off me! Jerks.

This Song/Video
 
Very moving stuff. The lyrics are touching, the bridge is beautiful, the video makes me want to hug everyone I encounter and tell them I love them. Let’s all just love each other and not breed hate, can we please?

This Song

 
Yup, two songs this week. I told you it has been a weird week and nothing conveys emotion like music, so I have been listening to a lot of it. Don’t read too much into this song. It just makes me happy and makes me feel like I can kick life in the junk and be awesome, and when you’re trying to figure out how to arrange a whole new life, you need to feel like you can kick it in the junk.  

These Shoes
 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
I’m getting nuthin’ for Christmas! True story. Not because I was bad, but because I got an iPad for my birthday. Since it was spendy, my parents gave it to me as my b-day/Christmas present combined. Also, my brothers are all the worst and never get me anything. I don’t regret the decision at all because my iPad is my boyfriend and I love him, but it does make for a disappointing Christmas morning. I don’t need any more disappointment in my life, so I bought myself these shoes. I even wrapped them up and put them under the tree! Come Christmas morn I will open my new shoes and feel a little excited while my brothers tear into their stuff. Huzzah!







No comments: