Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Homegirl on a budget

I am going through a serious, awesome, eventful life transformation right now. More details are coming, but step one was to take time to sit down and figure out what really, truly makes me happy. My first thought on the path to enlightenment was about my natural reaction to a bad day – to buy something. Case in point: I have 2 pair of designer sunglasses in my bag as I type this (and probably 6 other pairs at home. You can never have too many sunnies!). The Ralph Lauren pair is from a fight I had with this douche bag I was dating. The Marc Jacobs pair is because I felt sad that I wasn’t the skinniest girl at the pool one day. Let it be known that I also have a pair of hot pink Guess pumps, some peace sign earrings, and like 3 pair of Hudson jeans as a result of fights with that same douche bag. Did those clothing items really change how that DB made me feel? Nope, but telling him to suck it and standing up for myself would have! That was a rough year and there are clearly some deep-rooted issues brewing in my thought process, so I am starting to remedy that by putting myself on a budget. I have budgeted for everything from gas to groceries to entertainment. My food budget has brought me to the edge…
 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
 
This, my friends is the pinnacle of my poor, single girl life. I hope you will keep reading my blog even after you have seen that I live off of freeze-dried, white trash foods.
 

No comments: