Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent '09

Many of you may not know this about me, but I participate in lent. I know what you're thinking, "Kirsten, aren't you Mormon?" The answer is: dang skippy! Some might find this odd for a Mormon gal, but I began participating in lent freshman year of college when my catholic friend Mary asked me to do it with her and I haven't looked back. The way I see it, it's a good time to give a vice. I have already been given the talks about how weird this is, so save your breath. You can't stop me, I do what I want!
Two years ago I gave up chocolate which proved to be harder than I expected. This year I am kicking it up a notch and giving up candy altogether. Lent began yesterday and ends the night before Easter, so don't worry about little ol' me. I will be able to binge on all the bunny's gifts come Easter morning.
Wish me luck!

No comments: