Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Monday, February 23, 2009

Free be good

Last week was pretty meh. You know what I mean? Just meh...then towards the end of the week the freebie gods smiled upon my mehness. Two wonderfully free things fell into my lap to turn my frown upside down. I feel it should be documented to bring hope to those of you who may be feeling a little bit punched in the nose by life lately.
Freebie #1: Amber and I were enjoying a much needed girls night on Thursday, complete with pj's and gossip. We took a trip to paradise cafe for some grub and upon reaching the register I presented the cashier with my frequent diner card. Well, apparently I don't frequent them enough because at some point they switched to electronic cards. The nice cashier lady tells me this and then says, "well, you're close enough so I'll just give you this one free." SCORE!!
Freebie #2: Friday I took a trip to my local tanning salon for a nice spray tan to boost my looks. The credit card machine was down because there was someone working on the phone lines in the back. The orangeish worker girl told me to go ahead and spray it up and she would have the man fix the phones and I could pay when I left. I got my spray on, wiped down and went out to pay. The oompa loompa then hands me the good news (but not in song. Dang!). The phone man was unable to fix the credit card machine. She shrugged her shoulders and says, "so I guess you get a free tan." YEEEEAH!
I couldn't believe my fortune! Honestly, it couldn't have happened to a nicer girl. Chin up kiddos! Maybe you too will recieve some freebies.

No comments: