Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Friday, February 6, 2009

Fist to the Face Friday

I know I am not so good at the whole fist to the face Friday thing, so how about I just say it will be upon occasion and not necessarily every Friday. Good, yes? Mkay.

Well today I am going to have to choose to punch my Mom in the face. Don’t worry, these are just metaphorical punches so it’s not like I am going to assault my Mom this weekend. Sandra is a lovely lady, but I have been harboring some ill will toward her this week. These feelings are a direct result of her not making me Chex Muddy Buddies as a child.
Photobucket
When C.J. and I were little we loved Chex Muddy buddies! My mom made them twice that I can remember and both times he and I devoured those succulent snacks. Notice I said we only had them twice. My mom made excuses as to why they were so rare in our house; one being that they were made with semi-sweet chocolate and it was usually too much for my chocolate allergy, and the other being that they took too long to make. Well, the chocolate thing didn’t fly because even at a young age I understood that although semi-sweet chocolate was a no-no for me, it could easily be substituted with milk chocolate which was usually ok. But the difficulty factor remained, and I lived with that. Until now…

The other day I randomly decided to embark upon this “difficult” task. This is where the bitterness occurs: Chex Muddy Buddies are one of the easiest things to make!! Seriously, it took me all of about 7 minutes from beginning to end. I am officially calling my Mom out on her laziness. I was deprived and neglected as a child and I may never get over this.

If you have never had Chex Muddy Buddies, here is the recipe:

9 C. Chex cereal

1C. Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate if you are me)

½ C. Peanut butter

¼ C. Butter

¼ t. Vanilla

1 ½ C. Powdered Sugar
Pour cereal into a large bowl and set aside. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 ½ minutes or until smooth (stir after 1 minute) Stir in vanilla. Pour Chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
Pour cereal mixture into large container with powdered sugar. Seal securely. Shake until all pieces are well coated.

How friggin’ easy is that?! Make them for those you love, and make them often. Don’t let another child suffer from such abuse.

No comments: