Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gang signs.

After a week of wearing Utah attire I am home from New Orleans. I was beginning to feel like I was in a gang from flashing the ‘U’ and yelling “Go Utes!” to every other Utah fan I passed on the streets of New Orleans. My feet are pretty excited about being able to rest and sleeping in my own bed last night was a thing of beauty. Every ache and pain was well worth it to see the Utes prove to the nation that we are #1!
I can’t even begin to put into words how amazing that game was and how it shut those Bama fans right up. There was probably a 4-1 ratio of Bama to Utes, but we were loud and proud and made the Superdome echo with chants of Utah pride. It was just so awesome to see this tiny section of Utah red making enough noise to fill that whole stadium while their crimson tide just sat there with little action.
For the most part, the Bama fans were nice enough. Wishing us good luck on the streets or being their simple hillbilly selves, but we had the rudest Bama fans sitting behind us. Seriously, these guys were the biggest a-holes I have encountered in ages. I didn’t feel the least bit sorry for standing up through the game and raising my arms in the air to sing the fight song. Their team lost. They can get over it.
I did start collecting pictures of white trash Bama fans early on in the trip, and I will share those with you now:
Photobucket
Sweet ponytail duuuude.

Photobucket
This was at the Superdome...this is how he chose to represent his team...

Photobucket
This dude was my fav. We actually chased him down to get this picture and told him we thought his "roll tide" was really clever and cool and just had to get a picture.

Photobucket
You know that fleece they sell at fabric stores with your team's logo on it? Yeah, well this guy made a blazer out of it.

Photobucket
You can't see too well, but this woman had a female mullet-like ponytail. She was classy.

Photobucket
This was up at the paraphanelia shop the day after the game.

More pictures are to follow. Pictures involving the actual game, Big easy sight seeing, and the wonder that is me.