Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Balancing help, or total rip off?

Years ago I was introduced to this contraption called an indo board by these shady snow boarders. Let me just quickly paint this picture for you: my friend takes me to a house in Sugar House where in the living room is a large group of snow boarder/pot head/bums. There is a couple making out in a love sac, a dude playing the guitar, another gent playing the bongo drums, someone “rapping” along, and finally, a fellow on an indo board. For those of you unfamiliar with indo boards, it is basically a piece of wood fashioned into a board which is placed upon a cylinder and used to practice balance. Supposedly it is really good for your abs too because the balancing works those core muscles.
Photobucket
The other day I remembered the magical indo board and decided to look into buying one. I figure while I am sitting around watching TV I could pull out my indo board and work on my balance. Turns out they are ridiculously overpriced! We are talking $99.95 for what is essentially a wood plank and a PVC pipe. What the heck?! I have decided to channel my inner shop student to make myself an indo board. Add a little grip tape to the board and some duct tape to the pipe and Bob’s your Uncle, you have an indo board. Considering the fact that I once cut my finger open while slicing an avocado, I’ll probably have Uncle Rhemus help me so I don’t loose a finger all together. Wish me luck!

No comments: