Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Obsession

I have a new obsession, friends! Don’t worry, Diet Coke and JCrew will never stop being a major part of my life…add Something Corporate/Jack’s Mannequin/Andrew McMahon to that list...and kazoozles…and the movie (500) Days of Summer…I am also relatively preoccupied with my thoughts on how to obtain a pair of Tory Burch flats in every color of the rainbow…and I recently declared my Amazon Prime membership to be the best thing to ever happen to me…and the book The Happiness project changed my life and I tell everyone about it…oh, and remember when I used to do Bikram yoga 5-6 times a week and my car smelled like swass constantly and the girl I drove to work with made me keep the windows down, even in the rain?
 
Okay, so I have lots of obsessions. I have an addictive personality and I said new obsession so get over it. My new obsession is the artist Gotye (pronounced goh-tee-yay). Guys, he is incredible! I first heard his song, “Somebody that I used to know” when several of my Facebook friends posted the video. These friends were unrelated, so I figured something good must be happening. Oh. Em. Gee! Since I first watched the video, this song has essentially been on repeat on my iPhone. Keep in mind that I have a 30 minute commute to and from work each day and I also listen to music in my office all day. What I am saying is I have heard this song 4,000 times and I still do a hipster shoulder shimmy every time I listen to it. After my 4,001st listen, I decided to download the whole album. I highly suggest you take your fingers to the web and download the album “Making Mirrors”, illegally or legally. I chose legally because I am too lazy to pirate music at this point in my life. My days of sitting on Napster for 3 hours trying to find a version of the song that I liked, and that had a green dot (not red or yellow) next to it, and that finished without terrible noises in the middle, are over. I would rather fork out the $10 and be done with it.
 
Disclaimer: I realized after typing this out that I was making it sound like I cared more for Gotye then for Something Corporate/Jack’s Mannequin/Andrew McMahon. Andrew, darling, you will always mean more to me than any other musician. I want you to know that I will always be your punk rock princess and you will always be my garage band king.
 
 
I have problems, people. Serious problems.
 

No comments: