Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Friday, July 8, 2011

Ahhh! The single life...

I know most of you that read my blog are murried and I don’t mean to make ya’ll jelly or anything, but there are some serious perks to the single life! I mean, sure I have to deal with the crippling insecurities that come with casual dating, but there are a few perks too. I use the term “casual dating” loosely as I truly believe it is the most ironic of all oxy morons. There is absolutely nothing casual about the dating world, ever! Take it from someone who regularly spends hours getting ready just to go eat a snow cone and pretend to care about some dude’s intramural softball team, the Blue Balls. I don’t care and I don’t think your team name is clever. It’s just gross and immature. Oh, and the “casual” t-shirt and jeans combo generally takes about 45 minutes and several changes to pick out. What part of that sounds casual you guys? I beg of you to tell me! People who say that casual dating is fun are lying to you. Get real! But I digress….
 
Back to the perks….there are some! It donned on me last weekend when I decided to spend my Saturday night doing laundry, eating takeout and watching “From Prada to Nada”, that there are some perks to not having anyone else around. That night was one of them. It was pretty awesome to do nothing and watch a bad movie while eating delicious food. It got me thinking about other perks….
 
// I can put egg whites on my face as a mask to get rid of my zits and no one has to know...except you guys now.  
// I have a shoe closet! A closet just for shoes! It’s like opening the door to nirvana every morning and I don’t have to share that space with anyone!
// I get to eat dinner in my bed pretty much every night.
// I can consume 4 cans of diet coke in one hour and no one tells me I’m an addict or that it is disgusting…It’s not and I’m not, you guys!
// I get to have impromptu dance parties in my room as often as I like!
// I can opt to drink out of a mason jar just because I like to, and no one questions me…I don’t use none of them fancy glasses unless company is over!
// I can tell someone I have to get home to do some housework when really I am going home to lay in bed with my pants off.
// I get to let my really loud, obnoxious laugh ring through the air while I watch “Happy Endings”…sans pants and sans shame.
// I can hold off on texting a guy back because I want to seem busy…allow me to reiterate that this is done on a night when I’ve spent the evening laying around pantsless.
// I get to come home on a hot afternoon, take my pants off and eat ice cream while I pray for cooler weather.
// I don’t have to wear pants around the house, like, ever!
 
Are you guys totes jelly of my life? You should be!


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

ambs* said...

haha! i love it. totally picturing you pantsless in bed with a egg whites mask on watching from prada to nada.

Jane Bauman said...

Every time I read your blog I think you should get paid to write. You should have your own column in a newspaper or weekly "Kiki Says" in a magazine. You just have a way with words and I love it!

Steph, Joe, and Sophia said...

I second Jane.