Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Friend Tehmi

I have this friend named Tehmi. We worked together for a few years and bonded over our mutual love of JCrew, Diet Coke, corn dogs and baking. We wore the same outfit more than once, took "JCrew Lunches" every other Friday, and around 10:00 every morning, one of us would send an email with the subject line, "Diet Coke?". That was our code for asking if the other was ready to take a break and walk to 7-11. The corn dog thing needs not be discussed, but lets just say that Maverik makes a pretty okay corn dog when you aren't using your lunch break to shop at JCrew.

When I left that job Tehmi put in her notice the Monday after my last day. I like to believe it was because she couldn't bear the thought of going to work without me, but in reality she left to stay home with her three beautiful children. Seriously, they are all beautiful. Being a stay at home mom means that Tehmi has more time to focus on the baking part of the things we shared in common. She has spent a lot of time researching and testing recipes for croissants, and now I am here to tell you that her exhaustive research has paid off. Last week she posted the recipe with some helpful pictures, and as I type this I am waiting on my third batch to raise. I am not going to spend the time detailing it all out because, well, she did all the hard work for me. So click here for the recipe to pure bliss. Meanwhile, you can look at the picture from my first batch:

 photo E0B367BD-3A87-4568-832D-851AD4CBE2A2-14219-00000B007D96A02F_zps7ff46478.jpg

1 comment:

Tehmi said...

I can't go to a Maverick without a Krispy Kreme or a Corn Dog.
It's a problem.