Find Me Other Places Too:



   Instagram  

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday Things

Life, man. It has been busy. I wish it was busy with fun things like vacations or concerts or hot dudes rubbing tanning oil on my back while I lay at the pool. But alas, it is busy with work and regular day to day things. I am not complaining by any means, life is great! I just wish those hot men with tanning oil would figure out where my Grandma lives**

Anywho, here I go trying to post some Thursday things since I have sucked terribly at that as of late (meaning the last 6 months). This is going to take a musical turn because I have been listening to a lot of music to calm my mind. It is going to take a sappy turn because it just is. Don't read too much into this, it is just that I am a damn hopeless romantic and I have been watching/listening to a lot of sappy things in my stressed out state. I think they give me a euphoric feeling that helps me relax from the stress. Whatever, just don't worry about it. Here you go, kids:

This Song

I have been obsessed with this for some time, I just haven't taken the time to share with you all for reasons mentioned above. I stumbled across it one day while stalking my friend on Spotify (thanks, Jeff). He has good taste in music and the title intrigued me. Now I listen to it on repeat, usually in bed at night. It sounds much weirder than it is, I promise. This song is insanely beautiful and it makes me believe in love. It sounds the way that I think you should feel when you find something good, and the lyrics are just really, really hopeful and lovely. Listen. Love.

This Song

Because Adam Levine singing Al Green. Just so much sexy. Almost too much sexy. Almost.

This Song

This song is from one of my favorite movies, "Adam". It is a love story between a girl and a man with Asperger's Syndrome. It is one of those movies that is just good and sweet without having to use any gimmicks or explosions. It leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy with a pinch of hopeful. Watch it. But this song is played during a scene where your heart is both melting and breaking a little, and it is so perfect for that moment. It is also perfect for listening to on repeat and letting yourself turn into putty in Joshua Radin's hands. That man gets me.

This Song

"Is this girl just listening to love songs by herself in her room every night?", you might ask. And the answer is an unapologetic and enthusiastic, "YES!". Here is our boy Josh again. This one errs on the side of a little sad, what with wanting your clothes to smell like they used to...but it is still really sweet. Don't act like you've never stood in your room, sniffing your shirt because it still smells like someone and the smell of that person makes you happy. That is a real thing and don't make me feel weird for admitting it here. Now there is a song to validate me while turning me to buttah. Damn you, Joshua Radin!

These Scenes


Confession: I had never seen "Good Will Hunting" until this week. I am not sure how or why it took me 15 years to watch it; I knew I would like it based on what others told me. Plus, it has young Matt Damon and I miss looking at young Matt Damon terribly! Well, turns out I did love it. In keeping with my sappy Thursday Things, I will end by sharing the scenes that made me smile. Sorry guys, I've gotta see about a girl.



**If you are a hot man who wouldn't mind rubbing oil on me whilst I lay on my lounge chair, reading a book and eating a pear, hit me up. I'll give you Grandma's address. It is just in Holladay, so not too far and it is pretty easy to find. Also, the pool is a lovely temperature and the yard is quite nice.







No comments: